The following is a transcription of the Paxton Valley Cemetery located in Paxton Valley, near Falkland, British Columbia, Canada.
Paxton Valley is located north west of Falkland, it is approximately half way between Monte Lake and Pillar Lake on Paxton Valley Road.Paxton Valley is located north west of Falkland, it is approximately half way between Monte Lake and Pillar Lake on Paxton Valley Road.
Paxton Valley was named after Samuel Paxton, an early settler of the area. Other early families that lived in the area include St. Laurent, Stickney, Storey, Perault and Blais.
The Paxton Valley Post Office opened in 1908 and closed in 1933.
The history of the cemetery is unknown. The markers laid are from present day, however older unmarked graves appear to exist.
The cemetery is located on a knoll overlooking the valley and an abandoned homestead. It is thought that this may be the St. Laurent homestead. This is a very peaceful setting of a private nature.
There is no obvious layout for burials. It is not known how many graves are present. Currently there are three markers.
From Falkland proceed north on the Chase-Falkland road for approximately 6 km.
At the Six Mile Creek Road junction turn left onto Six Mile Creek Road. Proceed for 7.5 km.
At the junction with Paxton Valley Road turn left onto Paxton Valley Road and proceed for 4.5 km.
The cemetery is located on the knoll on the right hand side of a sharp corner. It is not visible from the road. The remains of the old homestead are visible on the left.
The interments for the Paxton Valley Cemetery can be viewed as a pdf file here » interments.pdf
Last updated April 2013