The following is a transcription of the Tappen Cemetery located in Tappen, British Columbia, Canada.
Tappen, originally called Tappen Siding was named after Herbert Tappen a CPR construction contractor who installed railway rails in the area. A sawmill was located here around 1883. The name 'Tappen' appears on BC Lands map in 1891. The Tappen Siding Post Office opened on July 1, 1892 with F. McCulla as postmaster and was closed on February 1, 1897.
The earliest recorded burial in the Tappen Cemetery is 1916. The cemetery is maintained by the Tappen community.
The cemetery is approximately 3.5 acres in size and is enclosed by a fence with a gate. The graves are laid out east/west. The cemetery contains over 200 burials and the markers in the cemetery are composed of slate, marble and concrete.
From the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway 1) in Tappen turn west on Tappen Valley Road and proceed for approximately 1 km.
Turn south (left) on Tappen Cemetery Road and travel for approximately 3 metres.
The Tappen Cemetery is located on the right-hand side of the road.
The burials for the Tappen Cemetery can be viewed as a pdf file here » interments.pdf
Last updated 2012